Cement Mason / Concrete Finisher
Posted: June 12th, 2007
Capital Ground Construction is looking for someone capable of performing all types of concrete construction.
- Supervises employees assigned to crew
- Participates in setting steel and wooden forms for concrete; Inspects and supervises the mixing of concrete
- Directs pouring, tamps, screeds, floats; and prepares for finishing troweling and edging
- Drives trucks utilized to transport employees, materials and equipment to and from job locations
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
Job sites vary, must be willing to travel.
First shift Monday through Friday.
Concrete tools, techniques, and practices; and concrete and cement mixtures and their elementary properties.
Skills and Abilities
- Perform a broad range of supervisory responsibilities over others.
- Read plans, make measurements, and set up forms preparatory to pouring and finishing.
- Must be able to think independently and work as a team.
- Work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the outdoor elements.
- Move heavy objects (50 pounds or more) long distances (greater than 20 feet).
- Operate trucks and equipment related to concrete work in a skillful and safe manner.
At least 5 years of concrete experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Not the position for you?
If so, try one of our other positions at Capital Ground Construction.